For bovine clients, Newport Laboratories uses PCR technology for:
- Detecting Mycoplasma spp, BVDV, IBRV, BRSV, BCV
- Detecting E. coli fimbrae and toxins
- Detecting Clostridium perfringens
- Mycoplasma bovis speciation
- Moraxella bovis/ovis speciation
- Mannheimia haemolytica leukotoxin gene detection
Examples of organisms genotyped in the PCR lab for bovine cases include:
- Moraxella bovoculi
- Mannheimia haemolytica
- E. coli
- Histophilus somni
- Pasteurella multocida
We also offer Mycoplasma bovis DNA fingerprinting, which allows a client to see strain variations in a herd infected with Mycoplasma bovis. All of these tests aid in the selection of vaccine strains for autogenous production.
Newport Laboratories now offers BVD antigen detection (PI testing). These tests are performed on ear notches submitted in PBS (saline). A BVD Sampling Kit is available, which contains 100 pre-filled (PBS) tubes in a durable collection rack. Please contact Newport's Customer Service for pricing and details.